[Ohio-talk] This Weekend's Convention

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Thu Nov 1 20:20:16 UTC 2012

Hello My Fellow Ohioans!

Okay, well, technically I'm a Coloradan now, but hey, y'all are family! And
besides, my daughters are still over near Akron. ;-)

I hear some of you got hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy. I hope you all
are alright.

I wish I could be there this weekend with you all at convention. Wanda, good
luck with the Diabetes Action Network elections. The list you sent out
sounds good.

Can as many of you as possible give Bruce and his family hugs for me this
weekend? He said he will be at convention. give him a hello and a hug for
yourself of course, but then give him one from me, too, willya please?

Also, give Kevan Worley a fun, hard time. I'm lucky enough to be in the same
chapter with him out here in Colorado Springs, and he mentioned at our state
convention last weekend that he will be the National Rep for the Ohio
convention this weekend. Hey, I also heard that something like 16 or 19
people got laid off at the National office. Does anyone know yet if Jason
Ewell is still working, or is he maybe back in OHio (which would be good for
the affiliate, I think)?

Blessings to You All -- Strive On!
Everett