[Ohio-talk] Action Needed on the Convention on the rights on Persons with Disabilities CRPD

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Fri Nov 23 19:09:54 UTC 2012

The following message comes from Jesse Hartle in our national office.

Please contact Senators Brown and Portman. Senator Brown can be reached at
(202) 224-2315. Senator Portman can be reached by calling (202) 224-3353
Ohio
Sen. Sherrod Brown
@SenSherrodBrown

Sen. Rob Portman
@RobPortman

Fellow Federationist:

      We are continuing to build support for the United Nations Convention
on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).  We believe at this time
that we have met the two-thirds vote requirement for ratification.  However,
opponents of the treaty continue to tell Senators that Americans with
disabilities don't really support the CRPD.  We must therefore continue to
counter these attacks by urging Senators to support ratification.  I am
asking you to contact your Senators on Monday, November 26, and tell them
that blind Americans want their vote on the Convention on the Rights of
Persons with Disabilities.  You can be connected with your Senators' offices
by calling the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.  I appreciate all of the
tweets the NFB generated a couple of weeks ago on this topic, and request
that those of you that have Twitter accounts also send tweets to your
Senators, and request that your followers retweet your messages.  Below is a
list of Senate Twitter handles.  If you use Twitter, please be sure to
include the hashtag #CRPD in your tweets.  Please contact me with any
questions.  The grassroots effort of the NFB can get us to a floor vote, if
we all do our part.  Thank you all in advance for your work on this
important matter.  Jesse