[Ohio-talk] update

Payne, Richard L (GE Capital) richard.payne at ge.com
Tue Sep 11 14:39:43 UTC 2012

I don't know about you but I am so glad that the fall weather has
finally come to Ohio!

On Friday, September 14th, I will be meeting with the hotel staff in
preparation for our upcoming convention in Dayton on November 2nd.
Richard Payne, Sheri Albers and Deborah Kendrick as far as I know now,
will be joining me for that meeting. I will then stay over that weekend
for the Miami Valley chapter meeting. If you have issues or concerns
relative to the hotel or other logistical suggestions for the convention
please get them to me before I leave on Thursday the 13th.

Our fall board meeting will be held Saturday, September 22nd in the
Cleveland Room of the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Columbus. The hotel is
located at 4900 Sinclair Avenue and the phone number is (614) 846-0300.
We will be having boxed lunches and I have worked out a great deal with
the hotel, so please be prepared to pay $10 for your lunch. You should
contact Eric Duffy at (614) 377-9877 or at eduffy at pobox.com
<mailto:eduffy at pobox.com>  with your lunch selection. The selections are
as follows:

Boxed lunch wrap selections are served with a fresh deli salad or
tortilla chips, Chef's choice dessert and beverage.

The wrap choices are:

Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap- a soft flour tortilla filled with marinated
grilled chicken, Parmesan cheese and romaine lettuce, served with creamy
Caesar dressing.

Tuscan Beef Wrap- a soft flour tortilla filled with sliced sirloin of
beef, roasted pepper, onions and shredded lettuce, served with creamy
horseradish sauce.

Turkey Bacon Wrap- a soft flour tortilla filled with shaved turkey and
bacon, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce and tomato, served with honey
mustard dressing.

Baja Chicken Wrap- a soft flour tortilla filled with chicken breast,
Monterey Jack cheese, romaine lettuce and diced tomato with Chipotle
mayonnaise.

Vegetarian Wrap- a soft flour tortilla filled with oven roasted balsamic
vegetables, shredded lettuce and avocado, served with dill cream
dressing.

On Friday, September 28th there will be a big statewide gathering of a
variety of groups and organizations of people with disabilities. This
event will be held in Columbus and is intended to place the political
spotlight on people with disabilities in Ohio. The National Federation
of the Blind is one of the sponsors and I will be attending and
hopefully some of you will be as well. Both major political candidates
have been invited and even if they don't show up, they are sure to send
fairly prominent replacements from their staffs. We should get some good
exposure and coverage from this event, so keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, don't forget about the month of October being meet the blind
month. I hope to have more details about the October 21st run/walk
sponsored by the Delta Gammas on our behalf soon. If your chapter is
conducting activities during that month don't forget to spread the word
widely about them and to milk them for all they are worth.