[Ohio-talk] shelters not take blind?

Cheryl Fischer c16a19f at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 13:19:28 UTC 2013

I just read Colleen's post in which she said some shelters won't take a
blind woman in. I thought I'd heard that before, but it sounded impossible.
That's one of the reasons why I asked Cheryl Fields to give a few examples
of unique problems or fears faced by blind women experiencing or wanting to
escape domestic abuse.

If it is true that a shelter would refuse to take in a person who is blind,
should this not be a big focus  and action item of the NFB, both at the
State level and Nationally? This would be as important as the fair wages
issue.

Cheryl