[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Mon Dec 16 19:10:02 UTC 2013

I want to add these comments to what JW has said. Whether we are talking
about policy or financial issues  there are always those who believe they
would have and  could have done it better. The "it" in question doesn't
matter. When JW or Barbara made decisions about convention assistance they
were always questioned by some one. When policy decisions were made they
were also questioned.

When we make the decision to serve in leadership in this organization or any
other organization for that matter, we must come to expect a certain amount
of criticism and second guessing.

What we can hope for is that the support we receive from the membership far
out weighs the criticism  and second guessing. This has been my experience
so far in the time I have served as President of the NFB of Ohio. During
this time of year especially, I thank you for that support.

Barbara is the longest serving President in the history of this affiliate,
and I believe it is safe that JW could have continued to serve as president
for the foreseeable future had he chosen to do so.

It is much easier to lead
When the coffers  are full and there are few worries about how we will
continue to operate as an organization.

Although there are many members who do not remember such times, Barbara
Pierce lead us through some very lean times in this affiliate. JW did this
as well, because he had to begin thinking  about spending as if we had very
little money. I am certainly getting my opportunity to lead us through some
very scarce times.

I will continue  to lead with all of the wisdom, love, and strength  that I
can bring to the office with which you have entrusted  me, and I will
continue  to count on you for your love and support.

A little disagreement among family members is healthy as long as it's done
in a positive way. Remember above all we are a family.

Eric