[Ohio-talk] Look and Listen Please?

Barbara Pierce bbpierce at pobox.com
Thu Dec 19 13:43:31 UTC 2013

I echo what JW says. I got a call yesterday on the NFBS line. It was an old
gentleman living near Mt. Vernon. He lost his sight three days ago. He could
not dial  the phone--an operator found my number and connected him to me. I
knew no one in Knox County, but I got hold of the BSVI office in the area,
and they gave me the Independent Living Center's number. They should have
been open but were not. I tried to leave a message to have them call him to
offer help, but he could not give me his phone number. I had to content
myself with leaving his name and town and asking them to call him to see if
they could get him to the doctor today. This experience reminded me of the
magnitude of the need out there. We have no right to indulge ourselves with
sniping. There are people out there who need our help and support. Let's
rededicate ourselves to getting down to what counts.

Merry Christmas,
Barbara