[Ohio-talk] Springfield Chapter

Eric Duffy eduffy at deltav.org
Sun Mar 10 20:16:59 UTC 2013

Yesterday Shelbi and I went to the Springfield chapter meeting. The chapter
made us feel very welcome.   They also decided to donate $2,000 to the Ohio
scholarship fund. So we have another $1,000 scholarship to offer. The
priority for this money is given to someone from Clark or Logan County. One
chapter member donated another $1,000 for scholarships. She agreed that we
could use $500 of that to add to the second $1,000 donated by the chapter to
bring back the Jennica Ferguson memorial Scholarship. I am very pleased
about that. The other $500 we be used toward the cost of bringing the
winners to the convention.

When the board voted to suspend our scholarship program it was not an easy
thing to do. Although I made the motion I did it with the hope and belief
that it would be a very short term action. Starting with the generosity of
the McClain family the Federation did what we always do. We made a
commitment to each other and to the future,  and now we have a third
scholarship to offer. I am often asked how we can accomplish this thing or
that thing. I often say I don't know, but let's work together to figure it
out.

This is but one more example of what we can do when we all pull together.

The chapter also donated $200 toward BELL.

Thank you Springfield, and keep up the good work.

Eric