[Ohio-talk] In My Opinion

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 14 15:14:07 UTC 2013

First I want to say that I'm back from my self imposed silence for the most part wich I think is very important for a new President to have from a previous one especially in their first year in office and remember this is my opinion and feelings only!

Second, at the risk of embarrassing her as I have just left her a voice mail message wich she has probably not even checked yet, I want to publicly congratulate Suzanne Turner for an excellent example of someone that does not wait to have a position or to get elected to provide and model superb leadership!

Even some of her posts on this site are worthy of sharing with others as I have done several times already and her active involvement with the Cleveland chapter and our state affiliate have been not just effective but heartfelt and inspiring I dare say!

I'll stop here but well done Lady, and as I said, for better or worse, I'm back so you'll be hearing from me a lot more ok?

Jw

Dr. JW Smith
Associate Professor
Interim Director of Honors Tutorial Studies
School of Communication Studies
Lasher Hall, Rm. 112
Athens, OH 45701
smithj at ohio.edu<mailto:smithj at ohio.edu>
T: 740-593-4838
F: 740-593-4810

*Ask me about the newly revised Ohio Fellows Program or visit http://www.ohio.edu/univcollege/ohiofellows.cfm

"Regarding the past, change what you can, and can what you can't."
"Our minds are like parachutes. They work best when they are open."