[Ohio-talk] Another view - I don't have it in for any airline

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Tue Nov 19 17:17:03 UTC 2013

 Hello Deborah,
I think your article was right on target. Sometimes people get so upset that they can't be very rational when dealing with difficult people.
Maybe this flight attendant was apraid of dogs and was uncomfortable with the dogs head or paws sticking out from under the seat.
If this was the case maybe that person could have traded with another attendant and worked another part of the plane.
It wasn't fair for Mr. Rizzi to be treated the way he was but how did he handle the situation.
I understand that dogs would get restless in a cramped space and I just wonder why the dog couldn't have been allowed to walk up and down the aisle with Mr. Rizzi handling the dog.
Let's be honest, some handlers did not do a good job with their dogs.
They do not monitor the dog and even let it wander around when it should be under control.
I am sure dogs need to be worked regularly to keep their skills sharp.
Recently I encountered a blind person with a Guide dog who told the dog to lie down seven times before the dog did what it was supposed to do.
This was in a restaurant. Either the dog needs some retraining or the blind person does not take the dog to restaurants very often.
This is a rarity but I do believe Guide Dogs need to work on a regular basis.
I also think dogs should be kept closer to the handler when at a Convention.
Not everyone appreciates your dog as much as you do.
This goes for any situation where you have your dog in public.
I really would appreciate it if people would think about how they handle their dogs.
I certainly feel that everyone who wishes to use a Guide Dog should have the rights that go along with this use. I also think that they should have the responsibility of caring for their dogs, cleaning up after them, keeping them off of other people's feet, not allowing them to get in other people's person space, etc.
It is hard when employees are not on the same page.
I am sure that some education is necessary.
I hate to say this but two of the dogs which were not very well behaved were from Pilot Dogs.
Colleen Roth