[Ohio-talk] FW: Opportunities in North-East Ohio

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:00:07 UTC 2014

If you received this, please disregard!

From: Suzanne Turner [mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:54 AM
To: smturner.234 at gmail.com; cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com;
musicwonder71 at gmail.com; WO.Turner5 at sbcglobal.net; 'Owen McCafferty';
Janice_colombani at yahoo.com; nricks123 at me.com; Antionette119 at aol.com;
Delcenia at prodigy.net; JZureick at clevelandsightcenter.org;
aeasealy at clevelandsightcenter.org; SGarrett at clevelandsightcenter.org;
ctoppin at clevelandsightcenter.org; jpost at clevelandsightcenter.org;
MHouston at clevelandsightcenter.org
Cc: JTawil at clevelandsightcenter.org; avinick at clevelandsightcenter.org;
NKhaun at clevelandsightcenter.org
Subject: FW: Opportunities in North-East Ohio

Good Morning,

This was sent to me by Elizabeth Sammons, who is a Program Administrator
from OOD to distribute accordingly!

This will be held at the Center.  However, a lot of times, different
departments are not aware.  Just a heads up!

Read below!

Suzanne

------------------------

This month, we invite you to make your voice heard in two ways that can
influence policies that affect Ohioans who are visually impaired.  BSVI and
JFS are jointly conducting research on behalf of the Workforce Integration
Taskforce just signed into legislation by Governor Kasich. The goal of the
Taskforce is to learn more about both the blindness and the deafness
communities in Ohio,  and issues around work and job seeking.

First, we invite you to fill out a survey asking for your thoughts about
working or seeking a job from your perspective as a person with blindness or
low vision. Naturally, the results of all individual surveys will be held
confidential. Everyone with vision or hearing impairments is invited to fill
out the individual survey. This means you may share this with friends who
may be interested as well. Deadline for this survey is Sept. 1. The survey
is at

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BlindandDeafTaskForce

If you have technical difficulties filling out this survey, please feel free
to email Elizabeth.sammons at ood.ohio.gov
<mailto:Elizabeth.sammons at ood.ohio.gov>  or Katie.scheetz at ood.ohio.gov
<mailto:Katie.scheetz at ood.ohio.gov>  for support.

Second, we are holding four blindness/visually impaired community
conversations in north-east Ohio, in Akron Wednesday, August 27 and in
Cleveland Friday, August 29. 3:00 to 5:00 PM, we invite job seekers to
answer questions in a group context, and 6:30 to 8:30 PM, we're inviting
people currently working or retired after significant job experience to do
the same.

Akron's conversations will be held at United Disability Services, 701 S.
Main St. Akron, OH 44311

In Cleveland August 29, the conversations will occur at the Cleveland Sight
Center.

We need those interested to contact  Elizabeth.sammons at ood.ohio.gov
<mailto:Elizabeth.sammons at ood.ohio.gov>  or call Elizabeth at 614.438.1260.
Please indicate if you are a job seeker, in which case you need to attend
the 3PM conversation, or if you are working/retired for the 6:30 PM
conversation.

Thank you for your interest in considering these opportunities.

Elizabeth L. Sammons

Program Administrator

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities Agency

Tel. 614.438.1260

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities Agency - www.ood.ohio.gov
<http://www.ood.ohio.gov>

Click to follow us at Facebook