[Ohio-talk] (no subject)

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Aug 11 18:26:26 UTC 2014

This weekend I met with 3 other people who I met during my most recent
training at Leader Dog.  They range in age from late 30's to early
70's and all have significant vision loss.  I was the only braille
reader in the group and all of them could benefit from learning
braille.  I think there is a stigma against braille just like there is
a stigma about a white cane.  Using a cane and braille are a last
resort.  That is sad because many people could increase independence
and employment options if they used a cane or knew braille.

BTW, I was one of those people in the past so I know where they are
coming from.  I never used a cane and would not read braille in
public.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053