[Ohio-talk] Consumer Choice

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Fri Aug 15 21:40:31 UTC 2014

 Hello,
Whatever happened to OOD giving clients information about both Consumer Organizations? Why is it that someone is given a CCTV they can't use, discouraged from membership in NFB, told they should use Technology and not Braille today, and given a pamphlet in Print about ACB?
This is why we have the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio.
We need to work as hard as we can to help our fellow blind.
This young woman was very upset.
She didn't want the CCTV but it was left with her under protest.
What is wrong with her Counselor?
I will be teaching her braille as soon as she gets over her Strep Throat.
Why should someone make things harder for the newly blind in Toledo.
Maybe we need to do more and make our presence known in Northwest Ohio.
Please pray for me because I have a great urge to write a very passionate letter which probably wouldn't help.
I do not want these newly blinded people I am talking to feeling that they are really mixed up when they talk to me.
The counselor wanted to know who she talked to about the NFB.
Dawn and I take credit for that.
I am happy to say that Amy, her husband and son spent about three hours with me. Dawn was also there.
Did we go abck a couple generations? I thought the right to organize came into being in 1960.
My claws are out.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;