[Ohio-talk] Counselor Monica--Is she fit to serve the blind?

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 16 23:02:50 UTC 2014

Hi Colleen and all,

Is Monica fit to serve the blind?  I think not.  I don't know where she's getting this ridiculous information about Braille being outmoded and forcing a CCTV machine on someone that visually can't use it.  Furthermore, a counselor is not supposed to take sides with eather organization.  She is supposed to remain neutral and give the consumer the information to make an informed choice whether to join the NFB or another organization (ACB).  She needs to be set straight, and I hope the message gets to her soon before she leads her clients down a black hole of lousy training and terrible advice.

Keep working with Dawn and Amy; they need you.  It would be great if you could reorganize a Toledo Chapter again.

eric, with regard to the state convention, which numbers do we call to make our reservation?  Do we call the local number at (614-4360700 or the national number at (800) 465-4329?

Thanks very much

Milena