[Ohio-talk] congratulations and a thought

Barbara Pierce bpierce at oberlin.net
Mon Dec 15 14:42:46 UTC 2014

I could not agree more. I have always figured that I could not in good conscience ask people to do anything that I was not willing, able, and observed to be doing. My example of his was when I found myself scrubbing the floor of the dish room at the National Center with Dr. Jernigan, and he mentioned that there was not a toilet in the Center that he had not personally scrubbed. This was in the days when we did not have a maintenance staff at the Center, and people who went for weekend meetings were expected to clean their rooms and remake their beds with clean sheets. The same goes at the state level. There are Braille and technical things that I cannot do, but I will find a way to carry my part of the load. Eric and Sherry I am sure work harder than I do at this stage of the game, but I keep trying as we all should.

Barbara
Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
bpierce at oberlin.net