[Ohio-talk] Most recent Dayton experience and learned something about people who help in airports

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Dec 15 14:44:32 UTC 2014

I flew out of Dayton on Friday using Southwest.  It all went very
smoothly.  The ticket agent politely asked me what service my dog
provided and I answered that since they are allowed to ask that
question.  She then asked for an escort to help me to the gate.
Debbie Baker, Sweetie, was with me working with another agent who
called her sweetie so that is my new nickname for Debbie.

On another note, we were flying back from Baltimore and my escort told
me she only earned $5.50 per hour and the rest of her income should be
tips.  I did not know we were to tip any of the escorts.  It seems to
vary from airport to airport because I talked with the woman who
assisted us in Dayton and that is not the case there.  I guess either
their name tag or our ticket tells us they work for tips but how would
we know that? I would like to know about the experiences of other
flyers.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053