[Ohio-talk] being independent

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sat Jan 25 16:46:22 UTC 2014

Dawn, I worked as a rehabilitation teacher and there was a product
called count-a-dose.  It is now Prodigy count-a-dose.  It uses 50 cc
syringes.  LS&S sells it but I would guess Maxiaids, Independent
Living Aids, and possibly NFB Independence Market also sells it.
There is probably a rehabilitation teacher who works in your part of
Ohio who could demonstrate it before you spend money only to find it
won't work for you.  If you need help finding the nearest
rehabilitation teacher please let me know where you live and I will
see if I can help you with this.  There is also the option of insulin
pens.  Dave's recommendation to join the listserv for people with
diabetes is also a great suggestion.  Yes, it is possible to measure
your insulin independently.  It is very important that you find a
method that works for you.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053