[Ohio-talk] being independent

Dawn dlanting at bex.net
Sat Jan 25 20:12:37 UTC 2014

Thank you thank you  thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marianne
Denning
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:22 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] being independent

Dawn, I also found the Syringe Support that measures up to 100 units and it
is  less expensive than the Prodigy Count-a-dose.  It is available from
Maxiaids.  I, personally, liked it better than the Count-a-dose.  Give the
woman from Sight Center this information and ask her if she could order
these 2 products so you could see which would work best for you.  As a rehab
teacher I always carried these items in my bag of tricks.

On 1/25/14, Marianne Denning <marianne at denningweb.com> wrote:
> Dawn, is she a rehabilitation counselor or a rehabilitation teacher?
> Diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness so any rehab
> teacher should be aware of the adaptive equipment available.  Send me
> your number.  My email is Marianne at denningweb.com.  I will ask one of
> my former colleagues about current insulin measuring devices to see if
> there is one that will measure up to 100 units.  You might be able to
> draw up 50 units twice but I would hate for that to be an option too.
> I would not consider that option unless you have the okay from your
> doctor or diabetic nurse.  I am definitely out of the loop when it
> comes to adaptive equipment for diabetics.
>
> On 1/25/14, Dawn <dlanting at bex.net> wrote:
>> No she is not blind  and the sight center here in Toledo is really no
>> help the things she showed me  were not good  I don't mix insulin
>> one is fast acting  and the oyther one is long lasting  I shout
>> myself  like five to six
>> times a day   I wish we had better services here in Toledo I could tell
>> you
>> some stories heheheh  thanks maybe you should give me a callsometime
>> thanks Dawn

>>> Ohio-talk:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/dlanting%40bex.
>>> net