[Ohio-talk] being independent

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Sat Jan 25 20:53:14 UTC 2014

Hi Marianne,
I do not know if she is certified.
I do know that some of the people BSVI contracts with are not the best teachers in the world.
Due to some complications Dawn and I have not been able to get together.
We had planned to work on Braille and I am going to help her with some techniques in the kitchen.
The Rehab Teacher likes to teach people to use the Microwave. I guess she does some stuff on the stove but not as much as I would want to know.
Dawn and I have worked on braille before but we need to work on it some more.
Dawn has Diabetic Neuropathy so
I am going to use Jumbo Braille in the beginning.
She was having a great deal of trouble with using standard braille cells.
I think this will help. Her Neuropathy is rather significant but I do believe this should help.
Some of the workarounds for finding food would be OK but I personally understand why Dawn wants a better method.
I wouldn't want to have to remember that two rubber bands is for peas, three for carrots, etc.
The Vox Com would work but would be a little inconvenient.
I am going to suggest the Braille Pen. I am referring to the one with labels which talk.
Maybe BSVI can get that for Dawn.
Thanks for the info on the Syringe Support.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio