[Ohio-talk] being independent

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Jan 26 01:15:32 UTC 2014

I think more of us should be like Colleen and share our abilities with
other members of NFB.  We need to pass it forward.  Unfortunately, the
state has decided to contract only with certified professionals.  Many
times that certification does not mean highly skilled.  I, personally,
don't believe you can teach braille if you aren't using it all of the
time.  I believe sighted TVIs and rehab teachers can teach braille but
they must use it outside of the workplace.  Would you want someone to
teach you math, English, science,...if they weren't passionate about
it and very knowledgeable about the subject?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053