[Ohio-talk] being independent

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Sun Jan 26 12:54:13 UTC 2014

Hi Barb,
Dawn needs to take 100 Cc's of Insulin and the Count-a-dose only goes to 50 Cc's.
Marianne mentioned a product which goes to 100 Cc's.
Dawn is now on Diabetes-talk.
The Diabetes Educator for St. Vincent's Hospital has had very little experience working with a Totally blind person.
I was the first totally blind person she worked with so I know her experience is very limited.
Dawn's Medical Plan does not cover a pen for her at this time because she uses such a high dose of Insulin.
I am going to see if we can get a change to Express Scrips Formulary to allow for this.
Well since it will be so cold this week I should have lots of time to work on this project.
Colleen