[Ohio-talk] Disabilities and their portrayal

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Fri Jan 31 01:23:09 UTC 2014

Hi Kaiti,
There is another to be made.
If parents of a child with a disability cannot handle the responsibility and wonderful opportunity affforded to them they should place the child up for adoption.
There are many people who would be more than willing to care for a child with Special Needs.
I do admit that sometimes all that is needed is some support from others who have disabilities or from parents of children with disabilities.
I think blind adults are wonderful role models for blind children and give parents an idea of what to expect from their children.
If parents have a child who has significant disabilities parents can support each other and acquire information needed to get through the System.
Sometimes though it's better for the child to be placed up for adoption.
I had trouble with this until I got Karen and realized that Karen's parents actually gave me a gift. They honestly couldn't handle her disabilities.
Maerbe the professor is going to get to the point of explaining why ending life is wrong but how many people in the class will just miss that part.
Colleen Roth