[Ohio-talk] To the NFB haters on this list: was; Re: NFB Resolution

Barbara Pierce bpierce at oberlin.net
Mon Jul 14 23:32:16 UTC 2014

I have attached
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Apple App Resolution.doc
Type: application/msword
Size: 25600 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
 the Apple resolution. I do not understand the objections to this issue. Apple has no trouble refusing to put apps in its store that have security problems. We are askig that resolutions that we would be interested in should be accessible or not carried in the store. Apple limits the number of beta testers for apps, so they are not spotting problem apps. We would like to see their commitment to accessibility extended to insisting that apps be accessible and that updates continue to be accessible or warnings given that accessibility has been lost.

The objections on the floor seem to come from people who were afraid to put pressure on Apple after their obvious commitment to access in VoiceOver. That seems cowardly to me. Ohio did vote for the resolution.

Barbara
Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
bpierce at oberlin.net