[Ohio-talk] Membership List memo

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 13:20:08 UTC 2014

I am pasting and attaching the instructions for turning in membership lists this year. Presidents will see this twice, because I have also decided to send this to Ohio-Talk. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the presidents to see that I have this information in a timely manner, but we can all make his or her job easier by seeing that he or she has the needed information.

MEMORANDUM

TO: Chapter and Division Presidents

FROM: Eric Duffy

RE: Membership Lists

It is vitally important that we have accurate contact information for all of our members.  I know that we all want to be sure that we stay in contact with our members, even if they haven't attended a meeting recently. In recent years we have had trouble at the state level monitoring changes in chapter and division membership.

In an effort to be sure that we have the most up to date contact information  for the members of your chapter or division,  we have decided to start over again.I am asking that you send  a complete copy of your current membership list to me by Email. Please be sure that all of the information is current and accurate before sending it to me. I know it is tempting to say, "I know this is correct because I just talked to Joe a few months ago" vut please verify the information nevertheless.

Here is the information we must have:

Name

address

Telephone, home and cell if available.

Email address if available.

If an Email address is availables, indicate whether or not the member wants to receive the Buckeye Bulletin by Email.

Here is the additional information we would like to have if known.

Name of Congressional Representative and District number

Name of Ohio General Assembley Representative and district number

Name of Ohio General Assembley Senator and District  number

In order to be sure that your members receive the convention issue of the newsletter by email, I must have your list by August 17. All list must be sent to me By October 15 in order  to meet your requirement for turning in materials for the convention.

We tried this in a different way last year, but due to some computer problems that didn't work out. I have put some different safeguards in place this year, so I assure you that we now have a better process

thank you for your understanding and assistance. I look forward to seeing your membership list soon.