[Ohio-talk] Assistance with Applications by Public Agencies

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Mon May 5 18:25:33 UTC 2014

I did mention to Suzanne that maybe she could have taken someone with her to fill out forms and some people do this if they go somewhere to apply for some service.
Though this is helpful to the Agency you are visited it is considered inappropriate for an agency to refuse to help someone with getting paperwork filled out.
It is sometimes necessary for someone to wait until someone is available to help someone with paperwork this is sometimes necessary.
I cannot imagine telling someone that they would have to get someone to help them with their paperwork.
I think you might want to consider the fact that you might be able to do more and not feel as rushed if you bring a readerstwriter with you.
This way you can do as much as you can do without any pressure. This is just my opinion because I do not like to feel rushed.
Of course having someone help you is in your rights for any public agency but it might not work the best for some people.
I would dhfinitely not want to be pushed into using OOD as my only avenue for job assistance.
Also OOD probably has some restrictions on when you can open your case and the wait you will have to get your case opened.
You might also want to checks the Jobs Listing and Registration which is part of NFB-NESLINE.
Colleen Roth