[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

Eric Duffy via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 22:10:35 UTC 2014

May 16, 2014

It is a rather chilly day for the middle of May. I actually wore a jacket today, and that’s unusual for me.
	It was a little on the cool side in the Center of the Universe last weekend. But, it was good sleeping weather. Despite some Greyhound challenges, I made it to the Center of the Universe last Friday night.
	I managed to get Barbara’s Mac connected to her new printer and gave her a few computer lessons. It  is certainly a challenge  to learn a new computer operating system and a new screen reading system at the same time. But I really think Barbara did well last weekend.
	When I left she was in pretty good shape, and she and Bob flew to Boston Monday morning. I heard from her a few times while in Boston, but for the last few days I’ve been worried that maybe she’s abandoned the Mac.
	I want to thank everyone who contacted congressional office in support of Hr831. It was a good feeling when several offices said they had already heard from members of our organization by the time I got to them. We still have a lot of work to do in Congress, but thank you for responding when we put out calls.
I want to hear from people who are searching for jobs. I want to hear about your experience with OOd, Jobs and Family Services, Ohio Means Jobs, and anything else you might have had some experience with. I want to hear good things as well as bad. I am particularly interested in your story if you have been trying to get employment in the last five years.

If you have mention this on Ohio-Talk, please Email me privately nonetheless. Please include your telephone number in the Email so I will not have to look it up if I want to talk with you.
	The spring issue of the Buckeye Bulletin as been on NEWSLINE and sent out by Email.
	We don’t have it on the Web Site yet, but we are working on that. Thank you to everyone who submitted material, and of course, we all owe Barbara Pierce a great deal of graditude for the work to make our Newsletter the best in the country.
	I will soon be mailing out tickets for a cash drawing. The prize is $500, and the tickets are 1 for 5 or 3 for ten. All chapter and division presidents should expect to receive some tickets late next week.
	The National convention is getting close, but there is a lot to do in Ohio between now and then. Do something to further our cause in the week ahead, and if I know what you have done, I will include it in the next update.