[Ohio-talk] Buckeye Update

Eric Duffy via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 20:09:36 UTC 2014

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Buckeye Update
May 23, 2014
	I hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday weekend. Eat well, have a lot of fun, but take time to remember what the holiday we are celebrating is all about. Pause to remember those who gave their lives so that we can enjoy the freedom that we have today.
	I have pasted in the body of this message and attached a form to be completed by those who wish to volunteer to help with the 2014 BELL Program. Everyone who wants to volunteer must complete  a form. We cannot have anyone on site who has not completed a form in advance so that it gets filed with the insurance company. It doesn’t matter how well I know you. Barbara and Shelbi will have to fill out forms if they want to volunteer. Give this form to anyone and everyone you know who wants to help. Please don’t ask me if you should give this form to this person or that one. If they want to volunteer give them the form. My preference is to have an electronic copy. If for some reason it cannot be completed that way, I will take a paper form.
	I am pleased with the contributions that are coming in for BELL. Barbara is working to secure a contribution from her church. As we get closer to BELL, I will create an honor roll call of contributors.
	I hope you all are selling Jernigan drawing tickets, and that you will soon be selling tickets for our $500 cash drawing.
	If you are not going to convention, and you want me to take ticket stubs, checks, or anything else, pleas make sure I have it by  June 28. I will be leaving for Orlando on June 30. I will check the mailbox for the last time on the 28th.
	Remember we are donating $200 in door prizes. We are asking chapters and divisions to help us offset this cost. Please send your contributions for this directly to Sherry Ruth.
	The Ohio caucus will be on the 4th of July at 8:15 AM., in salon 15. All salons are on the second floor of the hotel. It will last for an hour or less.
	Enjoy the weekend. I plan to write again next week, and I will probably give you some of these same reminders.

National Federation of The Blind of Ohio
BELL Volunteer Application Form

Name:
Address:
City, state, zip:
Home phone:
Cell phone:
Email Address:
Referred by:
Occupation:
Employer:
Education level: degree:
Skills, interests, hobbies:
Describe your experience working with the blind:
What experience do you have working with blind children?
Do you know Braille? If so, do you read by touch or by sight?
Have you been convicted of any crime in the past 10 years? If yes, please explain.
If accepted for volunteer service, what type of assignments would you prefer?
Why do you want to volunteer for this program?
What days are you available for service during the program July 21 through August 2?
Please list two business references:
Business references:
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email address:
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email address
Please list three personal references of people not related to you:
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Name: