[Ohio-talk] OOD Work Tolerance

COLLEEN ROTH via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Mon May 19 15:50:51 UTC 2014

 Hi Milena,
Well I just cannot imagine why anyone who has adjusted to blindness and has no other disability would need to have counseling in work tolerance.
To be honest, I think some of the job coaches have very little training in what they do and some of them work with people who have other disabilities where work tolerance would be important.
I can see the necessity for Job Coaches to work with people who do not have the skills of blindness or who have very poor social skills or lack of knowledge in how to work with others and self-advocacy. Since so many people have cb-ss ,4abil;y ,(fices on ! college level hold cb-t1 h&s or d "ey?+ = !m ? mi<t 2 "s?+ : is nec = td's college graduates4
If people have good blind role models there wouldn't be as much need for Work Tolerance.
I would think that someone who has had a long work history would need very little if any assistance in the area of work tolerance.
Colleen Roth