[Ohio-talk] ideas for labeling

Marianne Denning via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 22:41:04 UTC 2014

Is Megan a rehab teacher or an occupational therapist?  Every rehab
teacher I have known knows all of the braille code.  Where did she
obtain her certification?  Many times agencies are hiring occupational
therapists and I am very concerned about that practice.  I don't think
OTs know blindness skills well enough to teach them.  They may be okay
as a low vision therapist.

I think shaking cans is totally ridiculous.  I have been blind since
birth and can, sometimes, tell one canned item from another but I
wouldn't want to bet the farm on my ability.  There is another rehab
teacher at the Toledo Sight Center.  Is she better with braille than
Megan?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053