[Ohio-talk] ideas for labeling

COLLEEN ROTH via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 21:04:37 UTC 2014

 Hi Marianne,
I gave a Voxcomm to Dawn and I have ordered the cards for her.
This is the device which Megan said she shouldn't use because it is outdated.
I am not saying Braille is the only option but Dawn wants to try to learn braille.
People should have the option of using whatever works for them and they shouldn't be told that braille is outdated or an outmoded method of reading and writing.
I know you support braille.
I just feel that people who work with the blind should not belittle or put down the use of braille and if they are a Rehab Teacher they should know braille and be able to teach it.
Colleen Roth