[Ohio-talk] blindness and minor inconvenience

Kaiti Shelton via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 18:46:02 UTC 2014

Marianne,

I can assure you that you're not the only one to do this. My TVIs had several issues with textbooks in my k-12 years, probably because of their caseloads and just overlooking details. I didn't even have a textbook for my Spanish III course, and because we were on block scheduling I had that class from August till Christmas break. No one even caught the mistake till my braillist asked to see the form, and the ISBN for the Spanish book wasn't there at all. Murphy's Law had it show up in January when the class was over. Thank goodness my braillist brailler whatever I needed for homework, and I had a great Spanish teacher who was willing to be flexible.

Sent from my iPhone