[Ohio-talk] Committee charges for 2015

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:32:10 UTC 2014

I have attached and pasted the 2015 Committee charges.
 I am asking you to let me know if there is a particular committee that you would like to serve on or chair.
Please provide me with this information by the end of business on Friday November 28, 2014

You will make the committee apopintment process easier if you consider seriously the committee, (committees), you want to be a part of and let me know as soon as possible.

2015 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions

	 At the first board meeting of each year the president traditionally makes the committee assignments for the coming year with the advice of the board. Here are the charges to the affiliate committees:

DEAF-BLIND COORDINATORS
	Charge: To provide assistance and information to those who are in this unique community and to serve as a vehicle to foster a positive relationship for the deaf-blind community. In 2015 coordinators will assist the affiliate in forming a deaf blind division.

AWARDS COMMITTEE
	Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.

CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
	Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are in compliance with the state and national constitutions, both philosophically and rhetorically.

CONVENTION COORDINATOR
	Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning and functioning of our state convention and to provide additional assistance in planning and executing affiliate activities at national conventions.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE
	Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation, strategies, and initiatives in which the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth throughout the state.

FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE  (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund coordinator, PAC coordinator)
	Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to increase participation.

FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
	Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase NFB-O resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
 	Charge: To increase the organization’s visibility and effectiveness in the state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in Washington throughout the year.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
	Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain members and   to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
	Charge: To promote and publicize  the programs  and events of the NFB of Ohio and to acquire as much positive publicity as possible for such activities.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
	Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
	Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program and increase participation.

Eric Duffy, President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio