[Ohio-talk] Convention

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Tue Nov 11 23:20:03 UTC 2014

 Hello Everyone,
The Convention was truly inspirational. The Student involvement was wonderful and reminded me of what we did in the 1970's.
We still have some of the students as members who were learning in the 1970's.
I feel that if ye can keep up this momentum the NFB will be as strong as we are now fifty years from now.
What a nice thought.
As for who inspired me, I would have to say it was my Fandmother and my teacher and friend Sister Maura O'Brien.
She was an Ursuline who learned Braille so that I could attend Cathrougholic Schools.
She got her Master's Degree from the Catholic University of America.
The students made me very hopeful and I felt some real excitement.
I really loved the amount of singing we did particularly Glory, Glory Federation.
Colleen Roth