[Ohio-talk] NFB and ACB

NMPBRAT at aol.com NMPBRAT at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 00:45:09 UTC 2015

Kaiti,
I guess I maybe wasn't clear in my response either.  It  sounds as though
she is pretty open and so my guess is, so long as you are  honest and share
your thoughts and ideas without having the attitude of "its my  way or the
highway"...I'm guessing you'll be just fine.  I think you'd run  into a
problem if you are both strong-willed and only believe that what you say  has
merit.  I think if you share what ideas you have and then listen and  respect
hers as well, I see no reason why you couldn't incorporate programs from  the
NFB.  As in any relationship, it's a give and take.  Maybe each of  you
comes up with a list of four things you'd like to do....and they may or may  not
have to do with a particular affiliation.  Then you discuss and pick 2
from each of you.  That way, both of you are contributing to the  group.
If it were me, I wouldn't avoid the topic though.....but  that's just
me....I'm a pretty open and forthright person...I just share my 2  cents
(diplomatically of course).....but realize that when I do, not everyone is  always
going to agree with me....and I'm ok with that.  I just try to show  respect
for their point of view as well, even if it doesn't match mine.  I  think if
you aren't open about it, it just leaves an "elephant" in the room and
you'll always feel like you're tip toeing around things...and that's no fun
either.   I think some of the best things can come from people who  come from
different platforms or philosophies....but come together for a common
cause.
Best of luck!
Nicole

In a message dated 4/20/2015 11:35:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,