[Ohio-talk] Question about the success of Ohioans going to NFB training centers

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 16:52:16 UTC 2015

Taken from the ergency of optimism
William James said, “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.”
And I say: the power is mine!

For optimism to be an element in the acquisition of power, it must be more than a cheerful cast of countenance. Rather it must consist in a commitment to bringing into being a future containing elements of possibility that have not been a part of the past. Optimism and reality may (properly understood) be inseparable. If reality signifies all that has currently been created, this measure of existence is frozen in time. If, on the other hand, reality denotes both that which has been built and that which can be brought into being, the potential for growth encompasses a much more magnificent formulation of life than would otherwise be comprehensible. In other words, the grandest understanding of reality incorporates the optimistic anticipation of innovative thought, and it also implies commitment and effort.
But I thank youMR. President, I will keep your comments in mind as I board the flight to LCB.

Jordy D. Stringer
President, Performing Arts Division, National Federation of the Blind
E-mail: president at nfbpad.org
The national federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raze the expectations of blind people because lo expectations create opsticals between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.