[Ohio-talk] question about paratransit

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:40:34 UTC 2015

Hello,
This is a question for anyone who lives in the Cleveland area.
There is a chance that I could be going to the Sight Center for
training for Infocision (although it's not for sure yet).  The
training lasts approximately four weeks.  Since I don't live near
the Sight Center, I'll have to move up there for a short time.
I'm not really keen on the idea of living at csc, but my sister
will be moving to Parma in an apartment, so I am considering
staying with her for the time I'm in training.  This way I can
use paratransit and I would still have a family member there to
support me.  However, I'm not sure whether Paratransit would
offer me a temporary pass.  Does anyone know if I would be able
to register for paratransit on a temporary basis? Once I complete
my training, I will be able to come back home and work at home.
The only thing (which isn't a big deal) is that for me to live at
my sister's place, I'd need to get a background check, but I'm
not worried about that.  Plus from what she told me, there's an
rta stop right there by her apartment, so if necessary, I could
use that.  I'd prefer the paratransit though since they take you
door to door.  Any information on registering for a temporary
pass would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay