[Ohio-talk] A Report from the "Drive for 75" Campaign Committee

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 26 20:40:28 UTC 2015

Dear NFB of Ohio Family, Friends and Colleagues,

Our campaign continues and although we are making adjustments to our original plan we continue to have success. One of the things you learn about campaigns in general and fundraising endeavors specifically, is that you should always have a plan B and or C and you should always be prepared to address the "what ifs." In our case, we have had to postpone some of our early activities but have not taken them off our radar as possibilities at later dates. We are working on establishing some weekly/monthly activities i.e. seeking donations in conjunction with meals at appropriate businesses. These we will see as longer term activities and it is our hope that in the long run they will yield some substantial funds for us. We continue to receive nice donations from our personal correspondence and in March it is our plan to solicit larger donations from businesses/corporations and more public figures in Ohio. It is my hope that I will be able to invite you and or inform you about more specific events across the state in a future update. We will have our monthly conference call on February 2nd and I hope to be able to report even more progress after that call. For right now, it is good to know that we continue to get funds in and we are pursuing all possible avenues to maintain our success. It is my belief that a successful campaign is innovative, flexible and focused. It is the flexible aspect of these kinds of campaigns that can be frustrating at times but also quite necessary and if handled correctly, quite productive.

Jw