[Ohio-talk] National Federation of the Blind Achieves GUINNESS WORLD RECORDST Title~

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:36:02 UTC 2015

Thought I'd pass this along for anyone who may have missed it.

National Federation of the Blind Achieves GUINNESS WORLD RECORDST Title

Orlando, Florida (July 8, 2015): As part of the celebration of the
seventy-fifth anniversary of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the
oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans, members and
supporters of the NFB have set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDST title for
largest umbrella mosaic. Two thousand four hundred and eighty individuals
simultaneously raised umbrellas to create the image of the National
Federation of the Blind icon and the organization's tagline, "Live the life
you want." The National Federation of the Blind record title attempt took
place at 7 a.m. today in the rear surface parking lot of the Rosen Centre
Hotel located at 9840 International Drive in Orlando.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"Every day, the members of the National Federation of the Blind raise the
expectations of blind people, because it is low expectations, and not
blindness, that stand between blind people and our dreams. Today, our
members and supporters have achieved the official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDST
title for largest umbrella mosaic, demonstrating to the Orlando community
and to the world that blindness does not define us and that our capacity to
achieve great things is limited only by our imagination. We thank the Rosen
Centre Hotel for hosting this event, the Orlando community for embracing it,
and GUINNESS WORLD RECORDST for certifying its success. Together, with love,
hope, and determination, we transformed this dream into reality, and for the
next seventy-five years and beyond, we will continue to do the same for the
dreams of all blind Americans."

For more information about the National Federation of the Blind GUINNESS
WORLD RECORDST attempt, including video and photographs, visit
www.nfb.org/gwr .

Cathy F