[Ohio-talk] Convention and thank you

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 16:18:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

This convention was fantastic, and although it was only my second I
already feel like I've known and loved my Federation Family for years.
I told members of the scholarship committee that mentoring has been
the most important thing I've taken away from last week, and it really
has-I've learned so much from fellow students to leaders in the
affiliate and around the country.  I've been so impacted by members of
this affiliate and loved being in convention assembled with you all.

I was only able to sit with Ohio for the opening ceremonies on
Wednesday and part of the afternoon on Friday, but I am thankful that
I had a chance to do that even if I didn't get to talk to many in the
delegation.  Just being with my state for a bit thanks to Cathy
Jackson and Jim Barber who let me do that, was really cool and
something I was happy to be able to do.

I'll share a simile that I almost used in my speech to NABS on Monday
night.  Some students have heard it already, but I think it's cute and
accurate.  "Forest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates, but the
NFB is also like a box of chocolates.  It's very satisfying, but you
can easily find yourself going back for more."

Let's go build the Federation!

--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton 2016.