[Ohio-talk] Apple receives Helen Keller Award for its pioneering VoiceOver feature

Yahoo tollebooth at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 20 02:25:39 UTC 2015

Apple receives Helen Keller Award for its pioneering VoiceOver feature.

This is well deserved.  I was never an Apple fan until someone put an iPhone 4 in my hand with voiceover. When the for S came out but also offered dictation I was a fan for life.  Yes, dictation occasionally gets a word wrong. Sometimes this is big other times not so much. The benefits far outweigh the struggle in this case.  No matter who the award came from, it is an award well-deserved not by the current CEO or the former CEO but by all of those Apple do since 1987 have put the blind and visually impaired on the first stage first with close view a Mac software and now with zoom and voiceover.

Sent from my iPhone