[Ohio-talk] ADL Skills

barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:08:30 UTC 2015

I have visited all three centers, and I know lots of people who have found ways of making the break for an extended period. It is difficult. Sometimes people do it in a couple of summers. Sometimes they move their families to the area for the duration. Sometimes they travel home when they can. If you know Braille and computers, or if you can cook well, it does take less time. The program is molded to fit the evaluated need. The single biggest advantage to the residential program is the emersion in the culture. You don’t just have a cane lesson, you go to dinner or a ball game or a weekend trip using the cane as well. You don’t get away from dealing with blindness and alternative techniques.

Barbara
Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you zwant; blindness is not what holds you back.