[Ohio-talk] OOD and ACVREP certification

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed May 13 16:24:15 UTC 2015

ACVREP stands for Association for Certification of Vision
Rehabilitation and Education Professionals.  If you want to be
certified in rehabilitation teaching, low vision therapy or O&M they
are the certifying agency.  Yes, I know NFB also has an O&M
certification.  I doubt the state would pay for someone with that
certification to provide training to consumers, but I don't know that
for sure. My concern is that the state allows anyone with one of those
3 certifications provide all 3 services.  Why is an O&M instructor
qualified to be a rehabilitation teacher just because they have an O&M
certification? A rehabilitation teacher would be the person who would
provide braille instruction.  They have to complete braille courses as
part of their college program.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053