[Ohio-talk] HOW DO WE GET IT DONE?

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:38:54 UTC 2015

Milena,

Other than saying we should see that legislation is enacted you described how things should be in Ohio. Where does most of the funding for rehabilitation in Ohio come from? Where do the regulations implementing the rehabilitation act come from? The service providers in Ohio are private agencies. Does the General Assembly enact legislation as prescriptive as what you have described?

It is true that the service providers would change their delivery model if the suppliers of the funds demanded it.

I feel certain that the founding directors of the LCB, Blind INC., and the Colorado Center would tell us that their each of the centers was not welcomed with open arms in its respective state.

If we had a separate commission for the blind, it would be much easier to do what you have laid out in your message. What we have right now is the Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired that looks and operates exactly like the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation.

Eric