[Ohio-talk] The Barefoot Lawyer

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Mon May 18 20:26:17 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

I remember that incident with the blind man from China.  When he escaped from the authorities, he had no cane.  I don't think he uses one--although he should.  At least he should use a cane or a dog.  I think that he addressed the 2012 national convention, is that right?

By the way, if you get a guide dog in Canada, you have both hands full because the instructors want you to use a short cane in your other hand. I know, because I met a Canadian with a guidedog, and he told me that at the travel school, if you are planning to get a dog, the instructors want you to use a short cane as well.  They say it helps you pick up things that a dog can't tell you about.

Well, if you're going to use a guidedog and a cane at the same time, the cane should be nice and long so you don't get too close to anything nasty before it's too late.

Milena Zavoli