[Ohio-talk] Multiple Disabilities

COLLEEN ROTH n8tnv at att.net
Mon May 18 22:16:47 UTC 2015

 Hello All,
There are some people who use a wheelchair who need help. When you have curtains it allows a person to be transferred to the camode if they need that assistance.
Shorter shower curtains help when you are moving someone from wheelchair to shower seat.
I do not one how handicapped stalls there are at Highrook but I suspect not many of them.
Having the curtains unless space outside bathroom sall to be accommodated.
Since serves people with disabilities other than blindness those needs have to be accommodated.
Try transferring someone who cannot help you. Anything which is an impediment to mooth transfers is impossible.
Many camps use curtains. Some are actually rustic.
As for magnetics on doors so people might panic if they didn't know how to get out of the stall.
I am not making excuses, I just know that some of these adaptations are very helpful when someone has a physical disability other than blindness.

After having three girls who used wheelchairs and having to bathe them or helping with toileting for those who used a camode I feel comfortable in saying these things.
It is also much cheaper to have a small stall if you can use a curtain and have wheelchair in main bathroom.
Some people also require a two-person lift and the more room you have the better.
We are not going to agree on this but I for one wouldn't want to drop someone if I could avoid it.
Colleen Roth

 with space