[Ohio-talk] Voting mishaps

adcohen823 at roadrunner.com adcohen823 at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 5 21:10:02 UTC 2015

I thought the television advertisement for Issue 3 to be a skillfully-confounded plot against all marijuana supporters in general.

“Vote no on Issue 2 and yes on Issue 3” is what the voice of the woman on television informs voters to do if voters are interested in helping cure pain for ailing people and generating tax dollars.

I wondered how many Ohio Issue 3 supporters would be arriving at the polls mentally rehearsing a state-dependent list of their voting answers corresponding to issue numbers that in truth probably only included one list item.

“Vote no on two and yes on three… No two yes three… 3 is good and two is bad… remember 2 comes before 3 but this does not mean 2 is better like the people who were ahead of me in line for coffee this morning at Starbucks... Man I should have bought a cinnamon roll or something… Oh yeah,  2 is bad but 3 is one more than 2 and therefore is good because more is better but not sociologically man because we’re all the same and voting yes on 3 will bring the two together and life multiplies by the power of two and that’s what we’re all after anyway, right?”

“Why not include issue 3.1 and ask voters to identify the sign, cosign and tangent of a right triangle” I ask my friend Mark who is seated next to me at the local bar and we both laugh aloud.  The plasma screen above our heads is once again broadcasting the public service announcement/advertisement/political Facebook choice challenge to anyone who wants to take this in.