[Ohio-talk] Those attending braille workshops at convention, please read

Debra Baker bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:29:43 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

This is your last reminder about the UEB and/or intro to braille workshops
that Marianne Denning and I will offer at state convention this weekend.
Marianne has talked about bringing one brailler to convention for those of
you attending ueb to try writing in that code.  But otherwise, if you wish
to write in ueb, please bring your notetaker and convert to writing ueb.
However, it is not critical for you to try writing in ueb during the
workshop.  This is merely an invitation for you to do so if you wish, and
the parameters for the ability to do so.

In addition, President Duffy has suggested several weeks ago that some
attending the workshops would like an introduction to braille.  I have heard
from no one yet who has expressed that desire, unless it might be Dr.
Carolyn Peters from the Miami Valley chapter.  Carolyn, I had emailed you
directly to learn whether you are interested in the ueb portion, or an intro
to braille in general and have not yet heard your preference.   We are
perfectly willing to offer the latter, but need to hear from folks who might
want an intro to braille.  Otherwise, Marianne and I will not prepare intro
materials as a handout.

Everyone else, if you still wish to sign up for a braille workshop on Friday
morning, November 20, either from 9:00 to 10:30 or from 10:30 to noon (with
some wiggle room to find your way to the workshop location on either end)
you may email me at bakerdebra53 at gmail.com or call, (937)  471-5193.

Cordially,

Debbie Baker and Marianne Denning