[Ohio-talk] sensory impairments

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Nov 24 15:35:14 UTC 2015

I have been thinking about this for awhile and wanted to discuss it on
this list.  Blind people are grouped in with people who have physical
disabilities.  Many blind people can have a physical disability but
blindness itself is not a physical disability.  It is a sensory
disability.  The 2 main groups who have sensory impairments are the
deaf and the blind.  I know the NFB uses the term blind and that is
great but could we also categorize it as a sensory impairment?  I
would like to hear other people's thoughts.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053