[Ohio-talk] sensory impairments

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:01:23 UTC 2015

Sense - any system that consists of a group of sensory cell types that
respond to a specific physical phenomenon and that corresponds to a
particular group of regions within the brain where the signals are received
and interpreted.
-- Sounds a lot like sight to me!

The source from which I obtained this information argues that there are at
least nine senses and maybe even more.  So, since sight is one of the senses
(in fact, possibly two senses), it then follows that we have a sensory
disability.

Source:
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/07/humans-have-a-lot-more-than-
five-senses/