[Ohio-talk] sensory impairments

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 20:07:38 UTC 2015

As a clinician I completely agree with this. Some of my music therapy textbooks categorize visual impairment as sensory rather than physical, but they are in the minority. One could argue that it is physical in the sense that it hinders mobility, but deafness can have effects on mobility as well.

I'm just curious, though. If paralysis is a disorder where you can't feel and do not have a sense of touch in a particular part of your body, would paralysis be more of a sensory impairment than a physical one as well? Great stuff to think about.

Sent from my iPhone