[Ohio-talk] ios devices

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:54:08 UTC 2015

Hello,
I feel Like I post a lot on this topic, but I was hoping you
could give some advice.  I may get an ipad or ipod touch soon and
would like a Braille display to use with it.  I have a 40 cell
Brailliant that I use at work, but if I take it home to use with
my ipad, JAWS will tell me it cannot load the driver and I will
therefore experience problems when reconnecting the device.
Therefore, I am thinking about purchasing a second display for
personal use with the ios device.  I can't afford another 40 cell
Brailliant, but if I'm not mistaken, the 32 cell ones are on
sale.  It's still a lot of money though.  I also noticed that
Freedom Scientific has a 14 cell pocket size display.  I want
something that is not too bulky to carry around if I have to take
my device somewhere.  I'm not really keen on APH's display
because I don't know enough about their products whereas I have a
lot of experience with the other manufacturers mentioned above.
Therefore, do you think it would be best for me to spend the
extra for the 32 cell Brailliant or would the 14 cell Focus blue
be enough for use with an ios device?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay